best case worst case

As I sat on the stirrup-chair waiting for the doctor, I thought to myself “best case, I am ovulating, soon.  Next best case, I have a follicle.  Worst case, I have cysts.  Next worse case, nothing at all is happening”.

My body is running true to form, and sadly, so is my clinic.  No follicle, no sign of much of anything, and a developed but tired-looking uterine lining.  So ten days of provera for this kid, which is what I was hoping to avoid: a further delay.  Wouldn’t it have been nice if the clomid had kickstarted my cycle?  Alas, not to be.

I am frustrated, again, as I had asked if I should kickstart a menses prior to coming for this ultrasound, in the hopes of combining the rubella wait time with the provera time.  I was told they would only make that decision as a game-time choice, despite me knowing exactly where I am at in my cycle (though often overly optimistically).  I’m pretty sure I could have just come in on day one of a menses and no one would have been the wiser.  I was clinging to the hope that my body was up to something good though, so I’m not sure it would have changed the timeline for me to take matters into my own hands.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s