a clean exit

That’s the best I can hope for now.

Beta # 2: 17 dpo, 72 hours after initial beta: 71.   For a doubling time of 55 hours.

As my nurse put it: “it doesn’t look good”.  It looks terrible, because not only did it not go up enough, it DID go up, making an ectopic a real option.  Which is horrifying.

I go in for a third beta Wednesday, and have a call with my doctor later that day.  Pea and I are getting the wheels moving on canceling our trip.  There’s a hope the number will drop and I can go (ugh, what a hope), but it’s not very likely.  So instead of a European adventure, a week of waiting to see if this pregnancy dies quietly or tries to take me with it.

I’m not as sad as I will be later, but I’m definitely not happy right now.

Advertisements

4 thoughts on “a clean exit

  1. Jessica

    I’m so sorry, what a crappy situation to be in. If it can’t be a viable pregnancy, then I am hoping for an uncomplicated CP.

    I’m keeping my fingers crossed, anyway.

    Reply
    1. labmonkeyftw Post author

      Thanks Jess – I’m pretty sure a CP is my best bet, so we shall see what happens in the end! Thanks for your support over the weekend, it was really appreciated.

      Reply
    1. labmonkeyftw Post author

      It might be better to come in at this point: less drama! Thanks for the sympathy. I’m ok, it’s actually easier today with less ambiguity than yesterday when I was holding out hope til the phone call.

      Reply

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s