- Agree with them that the past two months have been intense.
- Give them homework in the form of books to read.
- Suggest acupuncture while simultaneously predicting they might not believe in acupuncture.
- Explain your qualifications include a Ph.D. in CBT specific for anxiety, which is exactly what they wanted.
- Have an office a five minute walk from their office, over a little bridge and pond.
I went to counseling. It was good. I will go back.
The Occupational Health office offers therapy as semi-acute care, so I get 8-10 sessions** after which I would likely need to go find someone off campus should I choose to continue***.
* Getting a Ph.D. is not easy, but telling someone about yours is.
** “Probably 10”, she said, looking over her page of notes
*** “We can put in a requisition for another 8 sessions for a different topic. For instance, if this is crisis, then we could ask for anxiety next. We can see how it goes.”