Induction is booked. We go in on the 1st for cervadril, a gel to ripen the cervix. Back 24 hours later for induction with IV oxytocin, if I haven’t started to labour on my own from the cervix ripening. I would prefer to have been able to wait til Spud wished to make an appearance, but in the absence of that option, I’m pleased to have a plan.
My cervix is already low, soft, and 1-2 cm dilated, which is more favourable than my OB and I were expecting. So I’m also going to chill out the next few days to prevent a December arrival for Spud. Such a silly balancing act, but them being oldest in their class versus youngest, and not having to start pre-school ridiculously young is important to me.
Essentially, once the clock ticks over on 2017, I start eating pineapple, walking, bouncing, all that jazz – anything to help this very unnatural pregnancy have a closer-to-natural end. The more favourable the cervix, the more likely the induction goes well and doesn’t need further interventions (forceps, c-section).
Pea and I are pleased, and anxious, and excited, and scared. It seems very soon.